Friday 12 July 2013

New interest and my life in Indramayu

Indramayu is a small tiny city in West Java, Indonesia. Here you will not find a big mall - if the present of mall becomes a parameter of how big or small city is.. :) I have to go to the next bigger city , Cirebon, around 1.5 hours drive by car if i want to have 'a little bit life' :). Indramayu is even considered as one of a poor regency in West Java (rank number 3 in WJ). I've been staying here for more or less 2 years, since my husband works here as a lecturer in local polythecnic. I am originally from Yogyakarta. It's one of a big city in Indonesia. So my life really has turned 180 deg since i moved here. In Yogyakarta you can find a lot of crowd everywhere. Also a lot of tourist destinations. It's really a nice city. The people are friendly. But in Indramayu it is more of farmland than city crowd or housing, and zero tourist destinations except a few beaches which need a lot of makeover. 

Indramayu is popular for its mango fruits and chips. Trully the best mango fruit that i've ever tasted is produced here. The most popular and the most tasty mango is called gedong gincu. Oh i am gonna post the picture of gedong gincu mango as soon as mango season coming. And chips! Any kind of chips: prawn chips, garlic chips, potato chips, fish chips, fish skin chips, even jengkol chips. You name it. Jengkol is a tree with edible nuts. Its famous for the flavour and smell. A tasty nut with unpleasant smell. I don't like to eat it cuz it's smell bad. My brothers family in Yogyakarta are always very happy if i brought them that very lot kind of chips and terasi. Terasi is a fish and prawn paste. You can use it for seasoning or add it in your sambal (chili sauce).

We rent a small house just 10 mins from hub's office. My first daughter Lin is a good accompany for my everyday life as a fulltime mother and wife. I love to cook and gardening. And now blogging will be my new hobby. Wish to meet new friends as well as old friends. So are you live in or around Indramayu? Or have you ever visited Indramayu?

No comments:

Post a Comment