Wednesday 17 July 2013

My first experience with cherry tomato

I like to read Liberty London Girl blog for its recipes. Some of her recipes are using cherry tomato and it looks delish. But in Indonesia cherry tomato is more expensive than local bigger tomato, and also less popular. So its also a bit difficult to find. Only available in big supermarket. One of a supermarket in my area, Indramayu, sometimes sell this tomato but usually not in a good quality. So now i try to grow it myself.

I just sowed four seeds of cherry tomato and it all geminated well. I gave one of the plant away to a friend and i planted the other three. One of them is wilted and died when i left them for four days to visit my family in Yogyakarta. Another plant looked unhealthy that i had to cut the upper stem and pruned many of its leaves. And now it still alive and already shows some new buds. The last plant looked healthier than the other and now already shows some flower buds.

Cherry tomato 50 days old, living good together with four small pakchoy.
cherry tomato in container
Our first cherry tomato flower buds.
cherry tomato in container

I hope i am lucky with this tomato plant so that i could make some delicious meals with them inside. Do you have some tips to share about growing cherry tomato in container?

No comments:

Post a Comment